FULLERTON, Calif., Jan 11, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Albertsons, a SUPERVALU (NYSE: SVU) company, today launched a new online community, AlbertsonsWellbeing.com, that will provide users with tools to help them make easy, value-driven choices for healthier living.
“As a retail grocer committed to being a leader in the area of health and nutrition, our company understands the long-term importance of a forum with interactive tools and knowledge to enable our customers to make healthier life decisions,” said Stephanie Martin, Albertsons director of communications and public affairs.
Albertsons Wellbeing was developed in conjunction with Albertsons Nutritionist Heidi Diller, RD, and Albertsons Clinical Pharmacist Dr. Jeff Ward to ensure that its community discussion forums, wellbeing tips and recipes help users discover accurate nutritional and supplement information. AlbertsonsWellbeing.com makes it easy for users to contribute their own ideas and interact with other people who are interested in healthy living, including user-provided video and discussion boards.
Each contributor has a unique perspective, appealing to readers from busy moms on the go, budding cooks, fearless foodies and readers who want to try something new:
- The Health Nut: Heidi Diller is a culinary enthusiast who is passionate about food and making healthy eating easy and nutritious. She will share healthy advice and personal experiences that give you those “light bulb” moments — like when her kids actually eat broccoli.
- The Fit Doctor: Dr. Jeff Ward has been a pharmacist for 15 years. He has a passion for fitness and will share practical tips and tricks about health and wellness.
- The Make it Simple Guy: Jason Mednick focuses on great food — and value. Jason will provide quick-and-easy food tips and shortcuts for an active lifestyle.
- The Foodie: Kyle Gorham is a fearless food explorer who likes to test out adventurous, healthy eating ideas and share the results.
- The Starter Cook: Lilia Rodriguez is open to trying out new recipes and cooking techniques. She will write about managing her blood sugar through healthy eating–and, along the way, she hopes to discover a few new cooking tricks that she can share with readers.
- The Active Eater: Stephanie Martin is a sports lover who believes in fueling her body, but also leaving room for dessert. Her focus will be nutrition (with a little wiggle room).
- The Experimenter: Scott Snelders likes the science behind cooking — but also loves good food. He will write about striking the right balance between good-for-you and food that is good, especially when it comes to nutrition at work.
- The Busy Mom: Laurie Raymundo is a busy woman who is trying to get dinner on the table while also keeping tabs on her two young children. She will talk about food for the family — including food the family will actually eat.
“We recognize that our customers are busy, and healthier choices can sometimes fall by the wayside,” said Martin. “We designed the Albertsons Wellbeing site to be a daily resource, where this community will enable each other to make food, cooking and healthy choices that are smart for themselves and their families.”