WASHINGTON, D.C. – Twenty-nine of the top new products in the produce industry will compete in six categories for the title of Best New Product at United Fresh 2010, April 20-23 in Las Vegas, Nev. The United Fresh Produce Association presents the awards each year at its annual convention and expo.
“New and improved products stimulate the growth and profitability of our industry,” said John Toner, vice president of convention and industry relations for United Fresh. “The awards honor the results of years of R&D and the foresight of companies in bringing new innovation to the marketplace.”
“New product development is one of the primary reasons we host a trade show along with the educational programs at our annual convention,” said United Fresh President and CEO Tom Stenzel. “Our goal is to drive innovation and adoption of new technologies to help boost value to the consumer and profitability to the industry. The finalists for this year’s new product awards provide a wide array of innovations for our industry and will offer a wealth of fresh ideas to everyone visiting the show.”
Products will be on display in the United Fresh Membership Booth on the show floor, where they will be judged by all attendees throughout the show. Winners will be determined by total votes received as of 2:00 p.m. April 22, and will be announced approximately one hour later after tabulation.
This year’s finalists are:
Best New Packaging
• Fresh Express Artisanal Salads, Chiquita Brands
• Renewable Wide-Flange Container and Lidding Film, Clear-Lam Packaging, Inc.
• Pack-in-MAP® Technology, Pack-in-MAP® Technology
• Tamper-ResistantTM Rectangles, PWP Industries
• RunRite Clamshells, Sambrailo Packaging
Best New Food Safety Solution
• SISTEM 4.0, Alchemy Systems
• FlashLink VU, DeltaTRAK, Inc.
• FieldPack PTI, TraceGains, Inc.
• VoiceCode, HarvestMark
Best New Processing Equipment
• FogTunnel Produce Treatment System, AgSolutions, Inc.
• Fresh-Cut Accessories, Charlie’s Machine and Supply, Inc.
• CARR-O-CUT, Everett Brothers Engineering, Ltd.
• In-Crate Washing and Drying System, FTNON USA, Inc.
• OnCoreTM Lettuce Core Removal System, Key Technology, Inc.
• Automatic Multi-Decorer Titano 2010, Turatti SRL
Best New Fruit Product
• Grab N Go Grape Tomato Bags, Andrew & Williamson
• Chiquita Fresh & Ready Avocados, Chiquita Brands
• Del Monte CRTTM Single Finger Banana, Del Monte Fresh Produce Company
• Ready To Eat Mimi Candy Tomatoes, Mastronardi Produce/Sunset®
• Ready Snax® Fresh Fruit Parfaits!, Ready Pac Produce
• Dipping Chocolates, Tropical Nut & Fruit
Best New Packing/Packaging Equipment
• Primus Optical Sorter, Best Sorting
• Ultra Bagger (Girbagger) Bagging Machine, Giro Pack
• MacroToteTM, Macro Plastics
• MCT Absorbent Pouch Filling System, Maxwell Chase Technologies
• 6428 RPC, Polymer Logistics
Best New Vegetable Product
• Ready Pac Bistro® Seasonal Salads – Italiano & Waldorf, Ready Pac Produce
• Jade Asian Greens, San Miguel Produce
• Simply Special Vegetable Sauces, USA Fresh, LLC
Last year’s New Product Award winners were:
• Best Food Safety Tool or Service: Ultra Wireless Label, PakSense
• Best New Packaging Equipment: Genius Optical Sorter, Best Sorting
• Best New Processing Equipment: Broccoli Floret Machine, Charlie’s Machine & Supply, Inc.
• Best New Packaging: Air-O-Films Ventilated Pallet Wrap, West Coast Supplies
• Best New Fruit or Vegetable Product: Chiquita Pineapple Bites, Chiquita Brands