GREENVILLE, S.C. – Healthy meal suggestions, personalized grocery lists and helpful shopping tools that provides customers information about select items found throughout the store are among the helpful features BI-LO has incorporated into its redesigned website, www.bi-lo.com.
The newly created site launched earlier this month embodies BI-LO’s forward-thinking vision and commitment to helping its customers save on groceries without sacrificing on quality, selection or service.
“After listening closely to our customers we developed the new BI-LO website to offer online resources to help them manage the grocery shopping experience within the context of their busy schedules,” said Bill Nasshan, senior vice president of marketing and merchandising with BI-LO. “With a wide range of online options, features and information, bi-lo.com helps shoppers save time and money while enjoying the freshest, highest-quality items available.”
Based on extensive consumer research, the new website offers richer content, streamlined searching and more intuitive navigation across hundreds of pages. As the go-to place for inspiration on doing more with the foods shoppers love to cook and eat, BI-LO’s new website houses hundreds of recipes and serves as a resourceful catalog of current in-store specials, so customers can plan ahead and make their shopping trips more efficient. The updated website is also easy for every customer to use. Compliant with web content accessibility guidelines, bi-lo.com allows individuals with disabilities to view the site with helpful text readers and an amenable color palate.
“Our goal was to create a state-of-the-art website that focused on what’s really important to our customers and would allow them to access information from BI-LO when, where and how they want it,” continued Nasshan.
“What sets bi-lo.com apart from other websites is the way it enables a two-way conversation and gives us a chance to foster real, personal relationships with our customers – which is of the utmost importance to us.”
The updated website’s new layout details important shopper information, upcoming events and all the ways to save at BI-LO. Some of the special online-exclusive features now include:
- BI-LO and fuelperks!® locator – utilizing Google maps, customers can find their nearest BI-LO store as well as the locations of gas stations participating in fuelperks! Rewards, which allows shoppers to lower the price of gas by 5 cents a gallon for every $50 they spend at BI-LO. In addition to the station locator function, customers can check their reward points and find out information on how the program works – both with text and video instructions.
- Prescription refills -customers can transfer or instantly reorder existing prescriptions online, with 24/7 convenience.
- Savings information – the Ways to Save page is solely dedicated to showing customers all the ways they can save without sacrificing on the things that are important to them at BI-LO.
- thrive!TM health and wellness program – the latest tips from BI-LO registered dietitian Monica Amburn, along with nutritional articles, videos and recipes to help make healthy living a little easier.
- Delicious Ideas – houses recipes, cooking videos and helpful guides on meal planning, beer and wine and meat and seafood.
- Your community -dedicated to all the ways BI-LO gives back to the hometowns in which it operates. From current sponsorships and a local events calendar to information about BI-LO Charities’ boostersplus® program, which lets shoppers donate 1 percent of every purchase to the organization of their choice, BI-LO makes it easy to support the local community. The new site also houses a link to the BI-LO Charities website and information surrounding the BI-LO Charity Classic.
Another special area of the website is dedicated to each shopper’s bi-lo.com account, which houses unique information on each customer’s shopping preferences. Here visitors can learn of the fuelperks! Rewards they’ve earned and the savings realized by using their My BI-LO BONUSCARD®, create personalized shopping lists, and search for recipes, meal deals and weekly coupons and promotions.