Popular Food Network personality Paula Deen has partnered with Springer Mountain Farms to produce and package her branded line of chicken products.
“Chicken is a very logical line of food for us to have,” says Deen. “I’m particularly impressed with the way Springer Mountain Farms raises and feeds its chickens, producing an especially tender and delicious product. I’m proud to put my name on these items and encourage everyone to give them a try.”
Deen selected Springer Mountain Farms as a partner, in large part, because the Baldwin, GA-based company adheres to strict growing and feeding procedures that allow their chickens to mature in healthy, clean conditions. When purchasing Springer Mountain Farms packaged whole chickens and chicken parts, consumers can be assured that:
- The products they are purchasing are certified 100% All Natural.
- Springer Mountain Farms chickens have never received steroids, hormones, antibiotics, or animal by-products during their lifetime, and are laboratory tested and certified as pesticide free.
- The chickens have been fed a nutritious diet of U.S. grown corn and soybeans, earning the Safe Feed/Safe Food Certification by the American Feed Industry Association.
- Each package of fresh chicken has earned a USDA “Grade A” rating for wholesomeness, safety and quality.
- The farms raising these chickens are certified by the American Humane Association.
Paula Deen chicken by Springer Mountain Farms will be sold, starting this week, in numerous grocery store chains across the country. The fresh chicken products will complement existing lines of Paula Deen prepared and frozen foods and condiments.
Product packaging and point-of-purchase materials featuring Paula Deen Springer Mountain Farms chicken will roll out to supermarkets later this summer. Springer Mountain Farms chicken will also be served in Paula Deen’s The Lady & Sons and Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House restaurants as well as other select restaurants across the U.S.