Year-round and especially during the holiday season Stater Bros. makes a major commitment to help its friends and neighbors who are faced with hunger. Through monetary donations from the company’s charitable arm Stater Bros. Charities as well as through in-kind donations of food, each year Stater Bros. helps to provide meals for over 8 million individuals who are faced with hunger.
- The Stater Bros. Charities’ Customers Care Program at every check stand in all 167 Stater Bros. Supermarkets provides the funding for over $600,000 in cash donations throughout the year to local food banks and self-help organizations.
- Throughout the year, Stater Bros. contributes over 3 million pounds of food to support the local food banks in the communities it serves.
- The 3rd Annual “Harvesting Hope” in Southern California communities puts extra emphasis on hunger relief during November and December, and food barrels are placed in all 167 Stater Bros. Supermarkets as well as at the Company’s Corporate Offices and Distribution Center to collect nonperishable food items for struggling families.
- Leading up to Thanksgiving, Stater Bros. makes a substantial contribution towards the purchase of over 5,700 turkeys to assist nonprofit organizations that feed the hungry.
- Stater Bros. is once again supporting The Salvation Army’s Red Kettle holiday campaign at all Stater Bros. Supermarket locations. The money collected during this campaign remains in the communities where it is donated.
“Many of our hard working customers have exhausted their resources and are being forced to get extra help this holiday season. Stater Bros. is going to help in the best way we know how by keeping our prices low and helping our food banks get a big boost for the holiday season,” said Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Office of Stater Bros. Supermarkets.