Hy-Vee shoppers can now use their mobile phones to locate products, make shopping lists, check sale prices and more, thanks to the company’s new mobile application.
“Customers tell us it’s easy to navigate and supplies all the information they need, right where they need it – at the point of sale,” Neville said. “This mobile app gives us another way to communicate with customers and fulfill our mission of making lives easier, healthier and happier.”
According to Neville, one of the most popular features of the Hy-Vee App is the product locator, which allows customers to type or speak the name of an item and find its exact location within the store. “It’s a modernized version of the long-standing Hy-Vee practice of taking customers directly to the products they’re trying to find,” he said. He noted that more than 50 of the company’s stores have already been mapped to enable the product locator; eventually, all 235 stores will support the feature.
Other key features of the Hy-Vee App:
- A tool that allows customers to create and email shopping lists by typing or speaking the product name, taking photos or transferring items listed in the weekly ad or online recipes
- The ability to send a message to Hy-Vee via Twitter when customers find an item out-of-stock
- A Store Locator with directions to the nearest Hy-Vee
- Online shopping for catering, floral and bakery items
- The ability to check the balance on a Hy-Vee gift card
- A sign-up service for mobile coupons
Neville said additional tools and features are in the works, including a tool that will allow customers to order prescription refills. “We’re listening to suggestions from users and incorporating them into our updates,” he said.
The free Hy-Vee App is available for iPhone, iPod and iTouch users from Apple’s App store. The Android version will be available by the end of the year, Neville said.