CPMA’s Annual Convention & Trade Show is produced in a cyclical fashion, visiting the same four cities (Montréal, Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver) across Canada every four years. As it takes on a different theme and attracts a variety of participants, the overall sustained development of the show, year after year, continues to be positive. With CPMA’s 87th Annual Convention & Trade Show, to be held in April 11 to 13 in Calgary, Alberta, fast approaching, what better time to take a look at the event, by the numbers.
- 415: The number of exhibit spaces (10×10 ft) on the CPMA Trade Show floor in Calgary this year—this is 57% increase (or 150 booths) since our last visit to Calgary in 2008.
- With 415 exhibit spaces, Calgary 2012 will be CPMA’s second largest trade show—after last year’s trade show in Montreal with 467 spaces and followed by Toronto 2009 with 405 exhibit spaces and Vancouver 2010 with 397 exhibit spaces.
- Twice: The number of times that the 2012 Trade Show floor was expanded to meet exhibitor demand. The original floor plan included 350 (10×10 ft) exhibit spaces. The floor plan was first revised to 380 (10×10 ft) exhibit spaces in July 2011 and finally to its current 415.
- 233: The number of exhibiting companies at CPMA’s 87th Annual Convention & Trade Show in Calgary.
- 132: The number of International exhibitors on the Trade Show Floor at CPMA 2012 in Calgary.
- 101: The number of Canadian exhibitors, including 13 exhibitors from Alberta.
- 42: The number of First Time Exhibitors participating in CPMA’s 87th Annual Convention & Trade Show in Calgary.
- 36: The number of new CPMA members, exhibiting for the first time in 2012. All exhibiting New Members will have a floor decal in front of their booth so attendees can welcome to the Trade Show, and to the Association.
- 44: The number of companies participating in the New Product Showcase.
- 26%: The percentage of total attendance at CPMA’s 2011 Trade Show that represented retailers, wholesalers and foodservice
Although exhibit space is sold out, there is still time to register to attend the event and seize the opportunity to be part of this dynamic show, April 11-13, 2012 at the Stampede Park BMO Centre in Calgary. Meet with over 230 exhibiting companies and capitalize on opportunities that can enrich business and industry knowledge.
CPMA’s Trade Show, which welcomes exhibitors who are active within the Canadian fruit and vegetable marketplace, offers a distinctive blend of business, networking, development and educational opportunities while attracting a wide variety of attendees. The intimate style of the event offers a unique environment to grow business and relationships in a comfortable, friendly and familiar atmosphere. Register at www.convention.cpma.ca.