In celebration of American Heart Month, the Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) launched the Heart Smart Recipe Contest with fitness guru Denise Austin and the popular Mr. Food Test Kitchen. Consumers are encouraged to submit their favorite quick and easy Idaho potato recipe that not only tastes great but is healthy too.
The two-tiered contest kicked off February 8 on MrFood.com and will run through February 24. Ten finalists will be selected by a panel of judges and beginning February 28, foodies across the country will have a chance to select the grand prize winner on MrFood.com.
“We are always looking for opportunities to remind consumers of the role Idaho potatoes play in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and the Heart Smart Recipe Contest is the perfect way for us to bring this message to life,” says Frank Muir, President and CEO. “Denise helps remind folks that Idaho potatoes contain important complex carbohydrates which provide necessary fuel for the body, and the Mr. Food Test Kitchen offers thousands of ways to prepare and enjoy America’s favorite vegetable.”
Visit the recipe contest page on www.MrFood.com to complete the contest registration. Then follow the links and instructions to enter your best original heart healthy Idaho potato recipes and optional corresponding photo(s) of the prepared dish. Multiple entries will be accepted but each entry must be for a separate and unique recipe. Qualifying recipes must adhere to our “Quick & Easy” cooking guidelines:
- No more than 10 total ingredients, including Idaho potatoes.
- All ingredients must be easy-to-find and available at local supermarkets.
- Instructions should be easy to read and to follow for the average home cook.
- Prep time should be less than 30 minutes.
- Entries must be specific with measurements, directions, cans, packages and cookware/bakeware needed so others can successfully reproduce the recipe.
- Entries must also include a few words (100 or less) about the origin of the recipe; share any compliments the recipe has received, plus any variations.
- Recipes must be original.
- Must be tasty and visually appealing!
For complete contest rules and guidelines visit www4.mrfood.com.