United Fresh Produce Association is now accepting nominations to help select an honoree to speak at the annual Reception Honoring Women in Produce, Wednesday, May 15 at United Fresh 2013 in San Diego. Each year, United Fresh recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry and honors one outstanding female industry leader at this reception.
“It is an honor to count such thought-leaders, role models and inspiring innovators among us,” says United Fresh President and CEO Tom Stenzel. “It is always a highlight of the convention to celebrate the contributions of women who guide the industry. We’re looking forward to welcoming back our past honorees and recognizing another outstanding leader in San Diego.”
Dan’l Mackey Almy, 2012 Women in Produce Honoree and founder of DMA Solutions, Inc., adds, “This recognition is a wonderful way to acknowledge an individual’s contribution to our industry, while also promoting and encouraging progress and growth among the women in our space. I was honored when I was given the opportunity to share my own story with the industry and I know that we will all continue to be inspired by women who receive this award in years to come.”
Nomination forms must be received by Wednesday, March 13, and can be downloaded at:
Past Women in Produce Honorees include:
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo , Taylor Farms, Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Steffanie Smith, River Point Farms, LLC
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company