The second annual Hall of Legends induction ceremony recognized the class of 2013 at Natural Products Expo West / Engredea this month in Anaheim, CA.
The Hall of Legends celebrates those individuals who have made significant contributions to the development and evolution of the natural, organic and healthy living industry. According to the Hall of Legends, those receiving this award have shown unyielding entrepreneurial spirits, a passion to inherently define natural products, a sense of community and unwavering dedication to health. These individuals have made this industry viable for decades, and one that has bucked conventional economic lulls.
“We have the opportunity to work in such a wonderful, contributing industry, and we owe so much of who we are, to these legends,” says Len Monheit, executive director of Engredea. “To be able to recognize them in this way, to celebrate their passion and commitment — it’s the tie between our industry legacy and how each and every one of us can craft the future. It’s inspiring.”
The 2013 Hall of Legends inductees, ranging from natural retail to research, science to supplements, personal care to packaged goods were:
- Patricia Bragg, Bragg Live Food Products
- John Christopher, Christopher Herbs & Nature’s Way
- Randy Dennin, Capsugel, IADSA
- Doug Greene, Founder, New Hope Natural Media
- Senator Tom Harkin, DSHEA
- Hass Hassan, Alfalfa’s, Greenmont, Madhava
- Michael McGuffin, AHPA
- George Siemon, CEO, Organic Valley
- Arran & Ratana Stephens, Founders, Nature’s Path