The Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP), creators of the National Milk Mustache “got milk?” Campaign, is back with its National Refuel | got chocolate milk? Feature Incentive Program from May 19th–June 30th.
The Feature Incentive Program is an opportunity for retailers to leverage the momentum behind MilkPEP’s national REFUEL | got chocolate milk? integrated consumer campaign which promotes chocolate milk as a post-workout recovery beverage. Stores that participated in MilkPEP’s 2012 Feature Incentive Program capitalized on this new usage occasion and showed an average of 16% increase in sales and generated 973 incremental gallons during the promotional time period, say officials at MilkPEP.
Participation in the REFUEL | got chocolate milk? Feature Incentive Program is free, easy-to-use and gives retailers a chance to earn a backpack for promoting chocolate milk from May 19th–June 30th. There are a number of ways retailers can support the promotion and generate excitement, including:
- Download free MilkPEP Refuel POS kits, artwork, marketing tools and social media content;
- Access sell sheet;
- Create Refuel-themed store displays to garner attention for branded chocolate milk;
- Utilize dynamic banner ads on their own consumer websites;
- Promote chocolate milk in store flyers and as part of loyalty programs; and
- Host sampling events in store.
Retailers can sign up by contacting their local processor, calling 800-945-MILK or visiting gotmilksales.org by April 30th. Once signed up, retailers simply feature and display chocolate milk in their store, document their activity and complete the online compliance form by July 25th to earn their free backpack.