Citizen Chef, a brand of fresh meal solutions, announced its new line of Fresh Sauces, offering a way for time-strapped consumers to quickly prepare homemade meals. Made with all-natural ingredients, the line of sauces offers five flavor combinations based on some of the world’s most popular culinary experiences.
“Our Fresh Sauces make cooking approachable, inspiring consumers to cook healthy, tasty and uncomplicated meals with real ingredients that the whole family can enjoy,” says Drew Taylor, co-founder and president of Citizen Chef. “Perfect for anyone from busy professionals to multitasking parents, Citizen Chef Fresh Sauces take the work out of making meals from scratch.”
Citizen Chef Fresh Sauces are crafted with real, all-natural ingredients, offering flavor to any dish without unnecessary added salt, sugar or calories. Ideal for stir-frying, sautéing, grilling and more, Citizen Chef Fresh Sauces take the work out of creating fresh and healthy meals at home, company officials say. The Fresh Sauces retail for $2.99 – $3.99 and are available in five globally-inspired varieties:
- Thai Coconut – Citizen Chef’s sauce puts the “Thai” in appetizing with a smooth blend of coconut milk, roasted sesame seeds and ginger. Recommended for stir-frys, sautés and soups.
- Chipotle Adobo – A smoky blend of chipotle peppers, roasted tomatoes and lime, this sauce goes with fajitas, tacos and more.
- Limone Garlic – Made with extra virgin olive oil, garlic and a fresh squeeze of lemon, this sauce provides a layer of flavor to any seafood or pasta dish.
- Hawaiian Pineapple BBQ – This island-style sauce combines the flavors of tamari, freshly grated ginger, sesame and a pop of pineapple, offering an added unique flavor to fish tacos and stir-frys.
- Pan Asian Orange – An aromatic blend of tamari, freshly grated ginger, orange zest and lemongrass, is a match for creating sautés and grilling.
To provide inspiration and easy access to simple recipe ideas, each Citizen Chef Fresh Sauce lid features a QR code customers can scan that links to an array of online recipes and healthy homemade dishes created by the Citizen Chef team. Each recipe also offers a calculation feature, so whether cooking for one person or a group of five, consumers can easily determine the proper quantity of ingredients needed, all before leaving the grocery store. For those who can’t utilize the QR code through their mobile devices, the label also includes a URL to view recipes from a desktop or tablet.
Citizen Chef Fresh Sauces can now be found in the produce aisle at Safeway stores throughout Northern California and its sister stores, Tom Thumb and Randalls in Texas, as well as Sprouts Farmers Market locations.