Target has announced that an additional 20 stores will be opening in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario between July 16 and July 30. The openings mark the first Target store locations in Saskatchewan and follow the opening of 48 stores across Canada earlier this year. These 20 locations officially push Target past the halfway mark for store openings this year, as the retailer plans to open 124 stores across Canada throughout 2013.
“After opening stores in Ontario and Western Canada, we’re excited to bring the unique Target brand shopping experience to additional locations in these markets and to welcome our first guests in Saskatchewan,” says Tony Fisher, president, Target Canada.
Locations opening to the public on July 16 include:
British Columbia (2)
- Courtenay – Driftwood Mall
- Kelowna – Orchard Plaza
- Calgary – Signal Hill Centre
- Medicine Hat – Medicine Hat Mall
- Regina – Northgate Shopping Centre
- Saskatoon – The Mall at Lawson Heights
- Saskatoon – Centre at Circle & Eighth
- Ancaster – Meadowlands Power Centre
- Chatham – Thames Lea Plaza
- Hamilton – South Hamilton Square
- Hamilton – Queenston Place
- Kitchener – Laurentian Power Centre
- Niagara Falls – 7190 Morrison Street
- North Bay – 1899 Algonquin Avenue
- Oakville – South Oakville Centre
- Oshawa, Ontario – Five Points Mall
- Thunder Bay – Intercity Shopping Centre
- Welland – Seaway Mall
The Kingston Cataraqui Town Centre store will open on July 23, followed by the Brampton Bramalea City Centre store on July 30.
Guests will be welcomed into bright, clean stores with wide aisles, great guest service and a trend-right merchandise assortment, company officials say. The majority of the 20 locations will feature a licensed Starbucks, as well as an in-store pharmacy designed to provide guests with patient-centered healthcare.
Target is committed to providing Canadian guests with a one-stop shopping destination for affordable, stylish, quality products, including beauty, apparel and accessories, home, grocery, personal care and more, officials add. Each store will carry a range of Target owned and exclusive brands, including C9 by Champion, Circo, Archer Farms, Market Pantry and up & up; exclusive, limited time collaborations with Roots and footwear brand Sam & Libby; and ongoing collaborations such as the Nate Berkus Collection, the Sonia Kashuk Collection, Giada De Laurentiis for Target, and Shaun White apparel.