Baking at home is a much-loved pastime for American consumers. Now, Madhava Natural Sweeteners is making its debut in the baking aisle with a solution to the “from scratch vs. store-bought” dilemma with mixes that rival homemade: Organic Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Brownie Mix; Organic MMM…Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix; Organic MMM…Yummy Yellow Cake Mix; Organic MMM…Yummy Chocolate Cake Mix and Organic Flip for Flapjacks Pancake Mix, all made with a blend of ancient grains and natural sweeteners.
“Consumers have been telling us for some time that they’re looking for healthier baking mixes that also taste great,” says Madhava executive vice president Victoria Hartman. “Whether you’re enjoying a freshly baked cookie or brownie as an afternoon snack, a slice of cake on a special occasion or pancakes for breakfast, you deserve a treat made with natural, pure, organic and non-GMO ingredients, plus the added benefit of ancient grains and natural sweeteners.”
Now, home bakers can bake from scratch – without all the work! Madhava organic brownie, chocolate chip cookie, pancake, yellow and chocolate cake mixes are made with ancient grains and natural sweeteners with the modern convenience of a mix. The mixes contain all-natural, pure, organic and non-GMO ingredients, and are free from processed sugars, HFCS, chemicals or preservatives.
From melt-in-your mouth chocolate chip cookies to fresh and fluffy pancakes, consumers can take their home baking to the next level – and no one will even know its baked from a box, company officials say. The mixes have a suggested retail price between $4.99 and $6.40.
Great Grains: New (Ancient) Favorites
When it comes to baking mixes, only the best all-natural ingredients will do, Madhava officials say, “We don’t just use any old grains, but a blend of nutritious and delicious ancient whole grains.”
- Kamut – Believed to be of Egyptian origin, this ancient grain is higher in protein than many other whole grains. It is also a good source of selenium, zinc, magnesium and iron.
- Spelt – a prehistoric ancestor of modern wheat, spelt is an excellent source of manganese and a good source of fiber, vitamin B3 and protein.
- Farro – This whole grain has been enjoyed since ancient Roman times. One taste and you’ll see why – it has a delicious nutty flavor and a delicate chew, officials say.
Organic Baking Mixes at a Glance
- Made with Ancient Whole Grains & Natural Sweeteners
- USDA Certified Organic
- No artificial sweeteners or HFCS
- No GMOs
- Clean: NO artificial flavors or preservatives