Avocados from Mexico is launching two new integrated consumer programs throughout the winter months to spur sales and drive increased demand for fresh Avocados from Mexico. As retailers stock supply throughout the cold weather months, Avocados from Mexico wants them to know how Avocados from Mexico is supporting sales and share a little bit about the Christmas and Super Bowl focused promotions.
Below is a short description of each program, both of which are backed by national digital and social media support to engage consumers, company officials say. Because Avocados from Mexico are available year round, their goal is to get consumers to think of fresh avocados as a way to enhance their holiday menus and as a staple at their game day parties, even when local varieties are not in season, officials add.
Feliz Navidad Program
- Duration: November through December 2013
- Public Relations: Mario Lopez will act as the celebrity spokesperson, highlighting the melding of Mexican and American holiday traditions, including the use of fresh avocados in classic recipes.
- Retail Promotions: Modelo beer partnership, featuring a coupon offer.
- The retail POS will include display bins and 11×7 signs with the campaign creative and recipe tear pads highlighting a custom recipe – the Avo-Chipotle Cemita Sandwich – from Chef Rick Bayless .
- Advertising: National digital advertising will run on food, entertaining and health websites to inspire consumers to use avocados from Mexico to make their holiday dishes even better.
Ultimate Game Day Spread Football Program
- Duration: January through February 2014
- Public Relations: A “Guacamole Bowl” will challenge consumers to share their best guacamole recipes on one of AFM’s social media channels (likely Pinterest), celebrating guacamole as a staple for every Super Bowl viewing party. This program will also introduce consumers to new ways to enjoy fresh Avocados From Mexico.
- Retail Promotions: two coupon offers and a National “Super Spread” sweepstakes (4 winners of a $5,000 grocery gift card each) to create consumer excitement around retail promotions.
- Advertising: National TV, print and online advertising.
For those consumers who don’t follow football, Avocados from Mexico’s Awards Season program will focus on including fresh Avocados from Mexico in appetizers and snacks while watching the biggest award shows in movies and entertainment with family and friends.