Whether or not there’s a chill in the air, those all-too-familiar cravings for a little taste of comfort have returned… and the National Pork Board has just the thing to help consumers across the country get cozy: its first-ever “Cooking For Comfort” e-Cookbook.
Featuring time-honored favorites and new twists on classics from James Beard Award-winning Chef Michelle Bernstein, BBQ expert and author Ray Lampe and 10 leading food bloggers, the free cookbook highlights some of the tastiest ways to warm up with pork.
“Most of us probably have a favorite comfort food dish – it’s filling, hearty and even a little whimsical. Above all, it’s a dish that makes you feel good,” says Chef Bernstein. “We compiled this cookbook to honor all the ways you can use an ingredient as versatile as pork to create that quintessential feel-good dish with both generations-old and modern-day cooking techniques, as well as soothing, savory flavors.”
The “Cooking for Comfort” includes:
- Two recipes from Chef Michelle Bernstein, including Chorizo and Cheese Empanadas with Avocado Crema. Bernstein, who learned how to make empanadas from her mother at the early age of 8, made them her own by adding homemade chorizo.
- A modern pork twist on a classic favorite with Ray Lampe’s Pork Noodle Soup.
- Two recipes each from 10 leading food bloggers, like Ali Ebright’s Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops and Jenny Flake’s Ham and Cheddar Green Chili Breakfast Sandwiches.
- A selection of comforting favorites from the National Pork Board infused with modern twists, like BBQ Pork Mac n’ Cheese.
- Individual anecdotes, photos and videos that reveal each recipe’s special significance.
The first 15,000 consumers to download “Cooking For Comfort” in November will receive a coupon for $1 off fresh pork, with another 10,000 coupons available starting December 1. Visit www.PorkBeInspired.com for a free download.