Winter Fancy Food Show Will Feature New Brands with Exclusive Pavilion
By Grocery Headquarters Staff
The latest hot products are waiting to be discovered at the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco in a special pavilion devoted exclusively to emerging food entrepreneurs. The pavilion, called “New Brands on the Shelf,” presents dozens of innovative specialty foods and beverages from 30 new companies that are participating at a Fancy Food Show for the first time. The companies are part of the Member Candidate program offered by the Specialty Food Association, the show’s owner and producer. Herbal martini mixers from New York, filet mignon beef jerky from Venice, Calif., and French chocolate truffles from Durham, N.C., are among the new products on tap. Also featured will be makers of frozen fruit and vegetable pops, seaweed chips, Vietnamese sparkling lemonade, semi-sweet cola and moringa superfood bars. Pavilion participants will have the opportunity to connect with buyers from top names in retailing and foodservice including Whole Foods, Central Market, The Pasta Shop, Sodexho and Sysco among thousands of other show attendees, association officials say. The Winter Fancy Food Show is the largest marketplace devoted exclusively to specialty foods and beverages on the West coast, officials add. The show runs Jan. 19 – 21, 2014, at San Francisco's Moscone Center. The Member Candidate program offers industry newcomers seminars, expert advice, networking and opportunities to participate in a Fancy Food Show. Since it was established in 2008, the program has attracted more than 485 companies and supported entrepreneurs as they turn their passion for food into a viable business. Companies can be a Member Candidate for two years, and at the end of that period, close to half go on to become full members of the association. Participants in New Brands on the Shelf are:
- Altar Company, New York
- Bon Courage Enterprises, Durham, N.C.
- Brittle Bliss Gourmet Brittles, Gilbert, Ariz.
- Choctal, Pasadena, Calif.
- Coldesina Foods, Los Angeles
- Global Teas, Napa, Calif.
- Gustus Vitae Condiments, Venice, Calif.
- Hornie Corn, Naples, Fla.
- JimmyBar! Natural Foods, Chicago
- Kuli Kuli, Oakland, Calif.
- Life Plus Style Gourmet, Valley Stream, N.Y.
- Little Waisted, Laguna Niguel, Calif.
- Mani Snacks, Los Gatos, Calif.
- Marlo’s Bakeshop, San Francisco
- My Australian Kitchen, Chatsworth, Calif.
- Nazqiz, San Francisco
- Oat My Goodness (OMG), Bethesda, Md.
- Ocean’s Halo, Burlingame, Calif.
- Phancy Products Company, Laguna Niguel, Calif.
- Prince Waffles, Irvine, Calif.
- Pure Madness Chocolate, New York
- Ruby’s Rockets, New York
- Sasso Candy Company, Los Gatos, Calif.
- Takoda Gourmet, Reno, Nev.
- Tasty Karma, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Three Jerks Jerky, Venice, Calif.
- Vintage Italia, Windermere, Fla.
- Virtuous Living, Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Wonder Food Company, Palm Desert, Calif.
- Xumma Cola, San Francisco