Anheuser-Busch released its upcoming Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII commercials, Puppy Love, featuring the famous Budweiser Clydesdales and a new, young star.
Actor Don Jeanes, from last year’s hugely popular Brotherhood spot, reprises his role as the Budweiser Clydesdale trainer and is joined by a 10-week-old puppy that forges a bond with a Clydesdale and ultimately earns his own spot on the team.
Here are some fun facts about the spot, from the officials at Anheuser-Busch:
- Eight Golden Labrador puppies are featured in the spot, all of which were just 10 weeks old at the time of filming.
- Director Jake Scott (son of Ridley Scott) shot 60 different scenes for the final spot.
- The 17 Clydesdales in the ad underwent training for three months to fine-tune skills, such as jumping over fences and nuzzling the puppy’s nose.
- The spot was shot over the course of three days at various ranches in Thousand Oaks, California.
- Actor Don Jeanes is reprising his role as the trainer for this spot. Since his role in “Brotherhood” last year, he’s filmed a number of commercials, as well as a movie with Mackenzie Phillips.
- Jeanes is joined by actress Melissa Keller, whose modeling career has included appearances in the 2002, 2003 and 2004 Sports Illustrated swimsuit editions, as well as work for Noxzema, GAP, Revlon, L’Oreal and Aveda.
- The song featured is “Let Her Go” by Passenger.
- “Puppy Love” was developed by Anomaly (New York).
Check out the commercial spot below.