USApple Spotlights Heart Health with 28 Days of Apples
By Grocery Headquarters Staff
February is American Heart Health Month. USApple and its members are contributing to this important health moment by launching a digital campaign centered on apples’ many heart health benefits. Through its “28 Days of Apples” initiative, USApple will spend February spotlighting 28 ways and reasons apples are healthy for our hearts and bodies. The program will feature:
- Digital/social outreach on USApple’s Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages educating consumers about important heart-healthy apple info each day in February. Daily topics include data from major healthy studies, cooking tips and recipes.
- A daily apple-related prize from a USApple member or supporter. Each prize will be awarded to a consumer who engages with an apple heart health fact on USApple’s social channels. Prizes include fruit gift baskets, cookbooks, cookware and more.
- A Feb. 13 Twitter Party featuring USApple and NourishRDs nutritionists sharing apple facts and cooking tips and encouraging participants to share their recipe ideas.
- Consumer media relations outreach to promote the program and further educate individuals about apples’ heart health.
- Facebook ad campaign to draw more attention to the promotion.