The Seafood Excellence Awards – the best new products competition held in conjunction with Seafood Expo North America, formerly the International Boston Seafood Show – announced this year’s finalists. The awards are an extension of the Seafood Prix d’Elite new product competition at the Seafood Expo Global in Brussels, Belgium.
Finalists compete for two awards: Best New Foodservice Product and Best New Retail Product. Products are evaluated on criteria including uniqueness, taste profile, packaging, marketing potential and nutritional value.
This year’s ten finalists were hand-selected from more than 70 entries in the highly-competitive New Product Showcase, which will be featured at the Seafood Expo North America, held March 16-18, 2014.
The finalists for the 2014 Seafood Excellence Awards are:
- Phillips / SeaWings, Booth #1019 – Cornetfish
- The Santa Barbara Smokehouse, Booth #2310 – Cambridge House Private Reserve Smoked Salmon with Truffle
- Aqua Star, Booth #2005 – Harvest Grain Wild Alaskan Cod
- Uoriki Fresh, Inc., Booth #1057 – Sushi At Home
- High Liner Foods, Booth #1005 – Flame-Seared Guinness Barbecue Glazed Atlantic Salmon
- Freskot USA/Kontoveros SA, Booth #2716 – Freskot Seafood Burgers
- King & Prince Seafood, Booth #505 – Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp
- The MacKnight Food Group, Booth #2459 – MacKnight Capt. Jim’s Breakfast Sausage
- Handy International Incorporated, Booth #823 – Fiesta Chipotle Fish Cakes
- Gradient Aquaculture Ltd., Booth #2546 – Pasta del MAR
The winners will be announced at the Seafood Excellence Awards ceremony in the Demonstration Theater in the Exhibit Hall, Booth 2567 on Sunday, March 16 at 3:30 p.m.
View all of the entries or register for Seafood Expo North America by visiting www.seafoodexpo.com/north-