Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods Launches a Variety of Gluten-Free Products
By Grocery Headquarters Staff
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods will formally unveil a number of new products to meet the needs of a wide variety of consumers at Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, Calif. Bob’s Red Mill will introduce two Gluten Free Granolas, three quinoa products and a new nut flour, Natural Almond Meal. All six products are gluten-free. “One of our main goals is to be as responsive as possible to what consumers are seeking for their diets,” says Bob Moore, founder, president and CEO of employee-owned Bob’s Red Mill. “With these six new products, we are providing simple, wholesome foods that will appeal to a wide range of consumers, whether or not they eat gluten free.” Gluten Free Granolas Bob’s Red Mill has offered a variety of granola products for a number of years, but these two new products represent the first gluten-free granola varieties, company officials say. Both are made from oats grown in fields dedicated to gluten-free crops and are handled in a 100% dedicated gluten-free facility. The company also batch tests gluten free-products in its quality control laboratory to ensure the utmost in safety, officials add. The new Gluten Free Granolas are whole grain, free from wheat and dairy, and a source of fiber. They make use of natural sweeteners and can be consumed right out of the bag, served as a hot or cold cereal, or with yogurt.
- Gluten Free Honey Oat Granola (MSRP $5.49 12-ounce): A traditional combination featuring whole grain gluten free rolled oats, honey and pure vanilla.
- Gluten Free Apple Blueberry Granola (MSRP $5.49, 12-ounce): A marrying of whole grain gluten free rolled oats, dried apples and natural blueberry flavor.
- Organic Red Quinoa (MSRP $10.69/16-ounce): Organic Red Quinoa is native to South America and is a gluten-free seed that is used like a whole grain. Red quinoa can be served on its own and in pilafs, soups and salads. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Red Quinoa has been thoroughly rinsed and air-dried to remove the naturally occurring bitter saponins, company officials add.
- Organic Tri-Color Quinoa (MSRP $10.69/16-ounce): This blend combines red, white and black quinoa grains in one bag.
- Organic Quinoa (MSRP $10.69/16-ounce): The classic white variety of the South American super grain is now available in this smaller package size, providing an additional option for shoppers. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quinoa is still offered in the larger 26-ounce bag (MSRP $16.69), as well.
- Morning hours: Gluten Free Granola Parfait.
- Lunch hours: Vegetable Bounty Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad with Asian Vinaigrette, a dish developed by Portland chef Naomi Pomeroy.
- Afternoon hours: Bob’s Red Mill Natural Almond Meal Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies, made from a paleo-friendly recipe developed by Bob’s Red Mill Food Innovation Chef Sarah House.