The Fresh Market Introduces Verlasso Salmon
By Grocery Headquarters Staff
At The Fresh Market stores across the United States, sustainability-minded seafood lovers can now choose harmoniously raised Verlasso salmon in the seafood case. “Verlasso offers a premium salmon raised in harmony with the environment. By raising our salmon with exceptional care for both their health and the environment, we are able to provide The Fresh Market’s customers with a superior quality, delicious fish,” says Scott Nichols, Verlasso director. According to Verlasso officials, some of the qualities of Verlasso harmonious farming practices include:
- Verlasso reduces the dependency on wild-caught feeder fish by 75%.
- Verlasso salmon are raised at half the pen density of traditionally farmed salmon, giving the fish room to swim.
- Verlasso salmon are raised in harmony with nature off the coast of Patagonia in cold, clean ocean waters.
- Verlasso follows a long fallowing cycle that gives the waters time to fully rejuvenate and recycle.
- Verlasso equally protects the welfare of its salmon and neighboring sea life.