Carlson AirFlo discovered that produce merchandisers are displaying bananas in multiple locations throughout their stores to increase sales and customer convenience. The New AirFlo Banana Display fulfills both a strategic location display, and focal point function for displaying bananas.
According to company officials, the benefits of the banana display include:
- Increase sales by providing more access, appeal and excitement.
- Reduce shrink simply by hanging the fruit from its crown, resembling growth in nature and reduces bruising.
- ROI – Quick return with increased sales, reduced shrink and inventory.
- Secondary displays may increase sales by 15% when located by the store entrance, checkout area, cereal aisle, bakery aisle or end cap for impulse sales or convenience.
- Five vertical display arms hold approximately 40-50 hands total, provides ample separation by ripeness stages.
- Display used as primary display in smaller stores or as a secondary display for larger formats.
- Castors provide a convenient mobile display with locking mechanism.
- ABS tray provided for cross merchandising or for single bananas.
“We have had great success with our mobile pineapple display that was unveiled at PMA 2012,” says Mark Chenoweth, president of Carlson AirFlo Merchandising Systems. “There is always a need for mobile displays that are specifically designed for a produce category. In this case, we listened to our customers, and market demand for a strategically positioned, mobile display that would catch the consumer’s eye. As a result, AirFlo created a solution for this need. AirFlo designs and manufactures merchandising equipment to reduce shrink, increase interest and provide better solutions for retailers to increase their bottom line.”