Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods will formally unveil a number of new products to meet the needs of a wide variety of consumers at Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, Calif. Bob’s Red Mill will introduce two Gluten Free Granolas, three quinoa products and a new nut flour, Natural Almond Meal. All six products are gluten-free.
“One of our main goals is to be as responsive as possible to what consumers are seeking for their diets,” says Bob Moore, founder, president and CEO of employee-owned Bob’s Red Mill. “With these six new products, we are providing simple, wholesome foods that will appeal to a wide range of consumers, whether or not they eat gluten free.”
Gluten Free Granolas
Bob’s Red Mill has offered a variety of granola products for a number of years, but these two new products represent the first gluten-free granola varieties, company officials say. Both are made from oats grown in fields dedicated to gluten-free crops and are handled in a 100% dedicated gluten-free facility. The company also batch tests gluten free-products in its quality control laboratory to ensure the utmost in safety, officials add.
The new Gluten Free Granolas are whole grain, free from wheat and dairy, and a source of fiber. They make use of natural sweeteners and can be consumed right out of the bag, served as a hot or cold cereal, or with yogurt.
- Gluten Free Honey Oat Granola (MSRP $5.49 12-ounce): A traditional combination featuring whole grain gluten free rolled oats, honey and pure vanilla.
- Gluten Free Apple Blueberry Granola (MSRP $5.49, 12-ounce): A marrying of whole grain gluten free rolled oats, dried apples and natural blueberry flavor.
Bob’s Red Mill is providing more quinoa options with two new products and a new size of its existing Organic Quinoa. All three products will join the Bob’s Red Mill Grains of Discovery line which debuted at the 2013 Natural Products Expo West show.
- Organic Red Quinoa (MSRP $10.69/16-ounce): Organic Red Quinoa is native to South America and is a gluten-free seed that is used like a whole grain. Red quinoa can be served on its own and in pilafs, soups and salads. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Red Quinoa has been thoroughly rinsed and air-dried to remove the naturally occurring bitter saponins, company officials add.
- Organic Tri-Color Quinoa (MSRP $10.69/16-ounce): This blend combines red, white and black quinoa grains in one bag.
- Organic Quinoa (MSRP $10.69/16-ounce): The classic white variety of the South American super grain is now available in this smaller package size, providing an additional option for shoppers. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quinoa is still offered in the larger 26-ounce bag (MSRP $16.69), as well.
Natural Almond Meal
Bob’s Red Mill is now offering a new option for consumers following a paleo, grain-free or gluten free diet, or who simply like using nut flours to add extra richness to baked goods: Natural Almond Meal.
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Almond Meal (MSRP $12.99, 16-ounce) is made from whole almonds milled with their skin intact. It is gluten-free, low in carbohydrates and “paleo-friendly.” The meal can be used in variety of baked goods recipes, from cookies and cakes to breads, pancakes and more, giving them a caramel color and nutty flavor. It can also be used as a low-carb coating for chicken, fish and other proteins.
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Almond Meal joins the company’s line of nut flours, which includes its original Almond Meal/Flour, Organic Coconut Flour and Hazelnut Meal/Flour, providing consumers a wide range of all-natural nut flour options. The Natural Almond Meal, the Gluten Free Granolas and the new quinoas join the Bob’s Red Mill family of more than 400 natural, organic and gluten free flours, mixes, cereals and whole grains.
“We at Bob’s Red Mill are all about options,” says Matthew Cox, vice president of marketing at Bob’s Red Mill. “No matter the diet, no matter the need, we strive to provide as many choices as possible for simple, delicious and nutritious foods. We also want to make it as easy as possible for retailers to provide an entire set of Bob’s Red Mill solutions for their shoppers.”
Attendees of Natural Products Expo West who are intersted in trying the new products may do so at booth #3546. Each day of the show, the company will be sampling the following:
- Morning hours: Gluten Free Granola Parfait.
- Lunch hours: Vegetable Bounty Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad with Asian Vinaigrette, a dish developed by Portland chef Naomi Pomeroy.
- Afternoon hours: Bob’s Red Mill Natural Almond Meal Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies, made from a paleo-friendly recipe developed by Bob’s Red Mill Food Innovation Chef Sarah House.
Also at the Bob’s Red Mill booth during show hours each day, company founder Bob Moore will be signing copies of his biography, “People Before Profit,” as well as copies of a cookbook called, “The Power of Flour: Cooking With Non-traditional Flours.” The signed books will be available for free to all visitors to the booth.
The Gluten Free Granolas, new quinoas and Natural Almond Meal are all now available to retailers in cases of four. Twenty-five pound bulk bags are also available.