To accommodate guests with a sweet tooth, Market Street has announced a line of signature specialty cakes topped with fresh fruit and a line of 5-inch cakes. Available at all Market Street locations in DFW and West Texas from Feb. 26 to April 1, the cakes can be made to order in any size and are made fresh in the Market Street Bakery.
“Guests will really taste the difference in these cakes created by our cake specialists,” says Tammy Kampsula, business director of bakery for Market Street. “Our in-store cakes have always been a hit, but we are excited to now offer guests the opportunity to truly customize cakes that taste as good as they look.”
Ideally, guests should order their signature specialty cake at least 24 hours in advance, though Market Street’s Bakery is usually able to decorate a custom cake with shorter notice. The 5-inch cake serves three to four people; and a 1/8-sheet cake serves eight to 10 people. The signature specialty cakes will be made and decorated in-store.
The available varieties and their descriptions, according to Market Street officials, are as follows:
- 5” German Chocolate Cake: Four layers of chocolate cake with German chocolate icing between each layer, dark chocolate poured over the top and garnished with pecans;
- 5” Carrot Harvest Cake: Four layers of carrot cake filled and frosted with Market Street’s signature harvest icing and garnished with caramel drizzle and raisins;
- 5” Glimmer Glaze Cake: Two layers of white cake filled and frosted with whipped vanilla icing, glimmer glaze poured over the top and decorated in a seasonal theme;
- 5” Triple Chocolate Cake: Two layers of chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream between the layers, iced with chocolate buttercream, drizzled with dark chocolate and garnished with chocolate curls;
- 1/8 Sheet Classic Cake: Two layers of all natural, made-from-scratch white cake, filled with pastry cream and frosted with whipped vanilla icing and garnished on top with fresh fruit;
- 1/8 Sheet Fruit Basket Cake: Three layers of all natural, made-from-scratch white cake, filled with alternating layers of crushed pineapple and strawberry preserves, frosted in vanilla whipped icing and topped with an arrangement of fresh fruit;
- 1/8 Sheet Chantilly Cake: Two layers of all natural, made-from-scratch white cake, filled and frosted with Chantilly icing, a blend of Mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and whipped cream, toasted almonds garnish the sides of the cake and an arrangement of fresh fruit on top; and
- 1/8 Sheet Tres Leches Cake: Sponge cake soaked with milk, frosted and trimmed with whipped vanilla icing and garnished with white cake crumbs and an arrangement of fresh fruit.