The National Restaurant Association announced the recipients of the Food and Beverage Innovations (FABI) Awards, which recognize progressive food and beverage innovations that will make a significant impact in the restaurant industry.
An independent panel of experts, representing a variety of both commercial and non-commercial industry segments, selected the FABI Award recipients based on their exciting benefits to restaurant operators as well as the end consumer. The innovations selected represent new packaging designs, solutions in efficiency and waste reduction, as well as alternatives to satisfy consumer desires for gluten-free, artisan and vegan menu items. The award recipients will be showcased at the 2014 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show on May 17-20 at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
“Food and beverage innovation helps advance menu development, driving customer satisfaction and increasing restaurant traffic,” says Sam Facchini, Convention Chair for NRA Show 2014 and co-founder and co-owner of Metro Pizza. “This year’s FABI Award recipients provide operators with opportunities to improve efficiencies and attract new guest segments by meeting a wide variety of consumer demands. Virtually any operation, of any shape or size, can benefit from one or more of these innovations, making them a must-see part of NRA Show 2014.”
The 2014 FABI Awards recipients are:
- Atalanta Corporation, Skura Nera: Pizza Flour
- Atalanta Corporation, Sweety Drop Peppers
- Bonfire Wines, Bonfire Wine Pouch
- Chiquita Brands North America, Gourmet Cafe Creative Classics from Fresh Express
- Deya’s Gluten Free, Gluten-Free Flour
- Diamond Crystal Brands, Liquid Portions Line
- Gardein, Gardein Vegan Fishless Filets
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Keurig BOLT Pack
- Hormel Health Labs – Diamond Crystal Brands, Thick & Easy HP Shaped Puree’s
- Kiki’s Gluten Free Foods, Gluten Free Deep Dish Pizza
- Schmaltz Products, Schmacon – Smoked & Cured Glazed Beef Slices
FABI Award recipients were chosen by an independent panel of industry experts who represent all commercial and non-commercial segments. NRA Show 2014 will be held May 17-20 and IWSB will be held May 18-19 at Chicago’s McCormick Place. Register here.