This year marks the 75th anniversary of Dietz & Watson, a fourth-generation owned and operated producer of quality deli meats, franks and sausages, dinner hams, cheeses and specialty items. To celebrate the company is bringing those products and more to consumers across the country through its nationwide Dietz & Watson Four Generations of Flavor Tour.
“My father’s mantra was ‘quality above all else,’” says Ruth “Momma” Dietz Eni, chairman of Dietz & Watson and daughter of founder Gottlieb Dietz. “The company was founded in 1939 on the principle that you never skimp or sacrifice when it comes to our products, and it’s remained that way ever since. I’m proud to mark our 75th anniversary by celebrating with our longtime fans and introducing new customers to what Dietz & Watson has to offer.”
The Four Generations of Flavor Tour, featuring a custom Dietz & Watson branded food truck, kicks off on April 16 in Houston and will make its way across the U.S. throughout the summer and fall before culminating in Dietz & Watson’s hometown of Philadelphia in mid-October.
Each stop will include games, giveaways, coupons and cooking demos by celebrity chef Steve “Chef Roc” Cassarino, who will prepare quick, simple and delicious recipes made from Dietz & Watson’s 450-plus gourmet products. Recipes will range from classics like the Smoked Virginia Baked Ham Sandwich inspired by founder Gottlieb Dietz himself to modern dishes like the Thai Basil Turkey Salad. The Flavor Tour will also feature the company’s signature Deli Challenge, in which consumers are invited to taste test Dietz & Watson products head-to-head against top competitors.
The Four Generations Flavor Tour will make the following stops in Houston:
• April 16: Spec’s Family Partners Corporate Office, 2410 Smith Street, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• April 17: Fiesta Foods, 553 S. Mason Rd., Katy, Texas 77450, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• April 17: Fiesta Foods, 8320 FM 1960, Houston, Texas 77070, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
• April 18: Fiesta Foods, 12520 Westheimer, Houston, Texas 77077, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• April 17: Fiesta Foods, 8130 Kirby Dr., Houston, Texas 77054, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
“This is an important year for us, and we’re marking it by celebrating families everywhere,” says Lauren Eni, VP of Brand Strategy and granddaughter of “Momma” Dietz. “From our own family pride to that which we share with our retail customers and consumers, we knew that a standard ad campaign alone wasn’t going to do it. We need to meet people face to face, cook for them firsthand – and offer them the opportunity to truly experience our ‘quality above all else’ brand promise with the Deli Challenge. And there’s no better way to do that than to share recipes that represent all four generations of our family business.”
Louis Eni, CEO and son of “Momma” Dietz says “When I came into the business I saw tremendous potential. We’ve grown from a small, local company to a national brand and deli powerhouse, and much of that success can be attributed to the fact that everything we produce is handcrafted. Each and every product is inspected by human eyes and human hands, which isn’t easy at our size. We want to ensure that everyone who purchases Dietz & Watson has a consistently exceptional experience, whether it’s sliced turkey breast from the local deli or a signature dinner ham for the holidays. That’s why we take the time and effort to put the utmost care into all of our products.”
The Dietz & Watson Flavor Tour will visit the following cities throughout 2014:
• Houston, TX: April 16-19, 22
• San Diego, CA: April 26, 28, May 1-5, 8-11
• Los Angeles, CA: April 27, May 14-18, 21-26
• Phoenix, AZ: May 30-31, June 1, 4-8
• San Francisco, CA: June 13-15, 18-22
• Seattle, WA: June 27-29, July 2-5
• Boise, ID: July 10-14
• Denver, CO: 19-20
• Dallas, TX: 25-27, 30
• Oklahoma City, OK: July 31, August 1
• Tulsa, OK: August 2-3
• Chicago, IL: August 8-10, 13-17
• Detroit, MI: August 20
• Pittsburgh, PA: August 21
• Albany, NY: August 23-25, 27
• Jackson, NJ: August 28
• Jersey Shore, NJ: August 30-31, September 1
• Boston, MA: September 4-7
• New York, NY: September 11-14
• Baltimore, MD: September 17-18
• South Carolina (various cities): September 24-28, October 1
• Jacksonville, FL: October 3-5
• Orlando, FL: October 8-10
• Miami, FL: October 11-13
• Philadelphia, PA: October 18-19, 22-28