Ready Pac Foods is taking the fresh single-serve segment to the next level with even more produce-based complete meal solutions. The company continues to broaden the definition of the single serve salad segment with its launch of six Bistro Bowl Wrap Kits, three new chopped salad bowl recipes and a new brand and packaging redesign.
Each wrap kit features fresh produce, artisan tortillas, protein, sauces and a crunch, all packaged separately so the wrap is built fresh by the consumer. Introduced this month, the six restaurant-inspired Bistro Wrap Kits include:
- Thai Peanut Crunch – sesame seed tortillas, iceberg and cabbage mix, white chicken, celery, edamame, natural sweet Thai peanut sauce, carrots and red cabbage
- Garlic & Herb Caesar – garlic & herb tortillas, Romaine lettuce, white chicken, garlic and parmesan cheese sauce, parmesan-style cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, carrots and red cabbage
- Turkey Avocado Ranch – chia seed tortillas, iceberg lettuce, roasted seasoned white turkey meat, avocado ranch sauce, Monterey Jack-Colby cheese, black olives, carrots and red cabbage
- Buffalo Style Chicken – chili onion tortillas, iceberg lettuce, white chicken, mild cheddar cheese, fire-roasted corn, shredded carrots, diced celery and spicy Buffalo sauce
- Chicken Bacon Ranch – flame-cooked flour tortillas, grape tomatoes, baby lettuce blend, greens, white chicken, ranch sauce, Monterey Jack-Colby cheese, carrots, red cabbage and bacon crumbles
- Chicken Caesar – garlic & herb tortillas, white chicken, Romaine lettuce, yogurt Caesar sauce, shredded cheese, carrots and red cabbage
Nielsen market research indicates that consumers are looking for more filling alternatives within the portable meal segment, say company officials, adding that this research, along with key consumer trends, was the inspiration for Ready Pac to create the new wraps to meet the needs of consumers with heartier appetites.
“Customers have asked for delicious, portable meals, and we’ve listened,” says Tristan Simpson, vice president of corporate communications. “Our new line of Bistro products not only delivers exactly what retail customers are looking for, but does so in true Ready Pac fashion – fresh and tasty meal solutions at 300 calories or less.”
Ready Pac is also adding three new Chopped Salad recipes to their menu of Bistro-authentic single serve salads. They include: Chopped Italian, Chopped Kickin’ BBQ and Chopped Kale Apple. All of the new chopped salad recipes feature freshly chopped ingredients to deliver a restaurant style experience.
Additionally, Ready Pac has rolled out a brand name update and fresh design for their Bistro product line. Formerly just Bistro, the company has coined the new Bistro Bowl brand. “Consumers have called our products ‘Bistro Bowls’ for years. As a market leader representing 84% share of the single serve salad segment, our new Ready Pac Bistro Bowl brand more aptly communicates the positioning of both current and future products,” says Simpson.