As part of its “Be Good to Your Whole Body” campaign in its Whole Body departments, Whole Foods Market focuses on immune support to help combat colds and the flu during October and November. Educational podcasts, in-store lectures, a brochure and a “Seasonal Wellness Shopping List” offer ideas and tips to bolster the immune system.
“As the seasons begin to change, there’s no better time of year to strengthen the body’s defenses,” said Jeremiah McElwee, executive Whole Body coordinator for Whole Foods Market. “In the Whole Body department, shoppers will find natural options to gear up for cold and flu season, including products that can help nourish, strengthen and support the body’s defenses.”
Immune-system boosting products on the “Seasonal Wellness Shopping List” include:
- Source Naturals Wellness Formula – A powerful combination of herbs, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, Wellness Formula is formulated to rebalance well-being.
- Ricola Original Natural Herb Cough Drops – A value priced big bag is on sale throughout October. Suggested retail is $2.99.
- Boiron Chestal Cough Syrup – Address cold symptoms without the side effects, high-fructose corn syrup or artificial colors and flavors with this homeopathic remedy.
- 365 Everyday Value Flu Ease – Take this homeopathic formula at the first sign of the flu. Each dose of quick-dissolving, easy-to-take pellets provides natural relief from body aches, fever, chills and other symptoms. The best part? No side effects like drowsiness or drug interaction risks.
- 365 Everyday Value Hand Sanitizing Spray – One tip to stay healthy is to keep hands clean. A natural alternative to hand sanitizers, this spray meets our Premium Body Care standards for quality sourcing, environmental impact, results and safety.
In-store lectures by Whole Body experts will provide shoppers with ideas and tips on staying healthy throughout and flu season. Topics include the differences between a cold and the flu, how specific ingredients like turmeric, cayenne pepper and kale can help strengthen the immune system and which herbs and supplements provide the most immune support.
An in-store brochure offers seasonal wellness tips to prepare for cold and flu season, herbs and homeopathic remedies for easing symptoms and recipes for immune boosting soups and smoothies. Check local store listings for events and more information.