More than 30 fresh fruit and vegetable innovations are up for United Fresh Produce Association’s 2013 New Product Awards. This year’s finalists will compete in five categories for the title of Best New Products at United Fresh 2013, May 14-16 in San Diego.
“These products represent the new approaches, ideas and processes that are driving the fresh fruit and vegetable industry forward,” says John Toner, United’s vice president of convention & industry relations. “From its very beginnings, the United show has been the undisputed home of innovation for the produce industry, and these awards continue to showcase the best and brightest minds in the produce business.”
This year’s finalists will be displayed in the United Fresh Membership Booth, located in Booth 754 on the United Fresh trade show floor. The winner in each category will be determined by total votes received as of 3:00 pm on Thursday, May 16. Winners will be announced at the Membership Booth on Thursday, May 16 at 4:00 pm.
The 2013 New Product Award Finalists are:
Best New Food Safety Solution
- ThermoTrace TTI, DeltaTRAK
- FoodLink Item, FoodLink
- Pimware, Pimware
Best New Fruit Product
- CantaBella, C.H. Robinson Worldwide
- Flavorz, Crunch Pak
- Ready Pac Bistro Fruit Salads, Ready Pac Foods
- Ruby Fresh Salad Jewels, Ruby Fresh
- Lil Snappers, Sunkist Growers, Inc.
Best New Packaging
- Eco-Crate, C.H. Robinson
- Cabo Fresh 100 cal Snack Pack, Cabo Fresh
- Salad Kitz, Crunch Pak
- Folding RPC, InterCrate
- Artisan Series Basket Weave Clamshells with Dometops, JemD Farms – Red Sun & Golden Sun Greenhouse Vegetables
- Sunset Display Ready Box, Mastronardi Produce
- Snack Fresh, NNZ Inc.
- Peel and Reseal Spring Mix Trays, Ready Pac Foods
Best New Packing/Processing Equipment
- Mango Destoning Equipment, ABL
- ECM-200 Precision Slicing Machine, Nichimo
- RayFly Optical Sorter, Raytec Vision, SPA
- Robag FXIS 3ci rotary polyethylene packaging system, TNA North America
Best New Vegetable Product
- Pumpkin Pie Baking Kit, AMF Farms/Bay Baby Produce
- Tasti-Lee Tomatoes, Bejo Seeds Inc.
- Italian Greens, Church Brothers
- Grower Pete’s Organic Living Butter Lettuce and Watercress, Hollandia Produce
- Bite-A-Minis, Nature Fresh Farms
- Dippin Stix – Celery, Reichel Foods
“It is a vital mission of the United trade show to foster and applaud the latest innovations that are advancing the fresh produce industry,” says United CEO Tom Stenzel. “The foresight and creativity of our member companies in bringing these new products to market undeniably boosts value to the consumer and increases profitability for the industry.”