There’s a good reason why Americans consume 11.7 pounds of chocolate each year. Not only is it sweet and indulgent, chocolate releases chemicals in the body such as serotonin and endorphins that put us in a good mood.
Now the confectioners at the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company have made the chocolate eating experience “even more delectable” by creating two new filled chocolate flavors – Mint Cookie and Toffee Crunch – to join the existing lineup of Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Caramel, Milk Chocolate with Caramel, Dark Chocolate with Raspberry and Dark Chocolate and Caramel.
Plus, all six chocolates have been designed so that the candy squares break cleanly into smaller segments, letting consumers determine just how much chocolate they want to enjoy when the mood strikes.
“We are thrilled to add two new flavors to our growing line of filled bars,” says Jinny Lam, director of marketing for Ghirardelli. “The line delivers the perfect harmony of intense Ghirardelli chocolate with generous, luscious fillings of caramel, mint, raspberry and toffee bars. With the new innovative new packaging and two new flavors, Ghirardelli filled bars allow for a one-piece craving or reward moment and the rest can be saved for later. It’s that simple, and you never have to worry about feeling guilty again.”
- Mint Cookie – Mint chocolate filling blended with crunchy cookies surrounded by milk chocolate.
- Toffee Crunch – Milk chocolate and chocolate filling blended with crunchy toffee bits
- Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Caramel – Dark chocolate and caramel filling enhanced by a touch of sea salt.
- Dark Chocolate and Raspberry – Dark chocolate and raspberry filling
- Milk Chocolate with Caramel – Caramel filling surrounded by milk chocolate
- Dark Chocolate with Caramel – Dark chocolate and caramel filling
The new Ghirardelli filled bars will be available in eight-square bars that retail around $2.79 and will go on sale at mass, grocery and specialty retailers nationwide beginning September 2013.