Busch launched Busch Heroes, a new cross-platform campaign that celebrates everyday people who work hard at their jobs and in their communities.
The campaign centers on eight Busch Heroes, a collection of men and women who are local role models that will be vaulted to national hero status by Busch. Each of the Heroes has a unique story – whether it is working two jobs to follow a passion or volunteering in their communities – but the common thread amongst each is that they are earning it every day, no matter what it takes. The eight Busch Heroes are:
- Andy Freeman: Tugboat deckhand from Eagle Harbor, Wash.
- Brandon Harris: Cattle rancher and EMT from Manvel, Texas.
- Damian Sharbowski: Owns auto shop in Troy, Mich.
- Dennis Nelson: Owns construction business in Maryville, Mo.
- Eric Castañeda: Temper mill operator from Houston, Texas.
- Jacqueline Gabelein: Lead oiler on construction crew in Langley, Wash.
- Justin Zoscsak: Runs family logging business in Manistee, Mich.
- Travis Caldwell: Welding specialist from Council Bluffs, Iowa.
“Our goal with Busch Heroes is to shine a spotlight on those who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, on and off the clock,” says Edison Yu, vice president, value brands, Anheuser-Busch. “There are countless ‘heroes’ out there, and we want to honor each one of them for their accomplishments and their commitment to earning it in all walks of life.”
Digital ads showcasing the heroes and all they do will run in 30- and 60-second versions. The new ads were created by 72andSunny. The Heroes and their stories will be featured on special-edition Busch and Busch Light packaging, print advertisements, retail displays and region-specific billboards.
Four of the Busch Heroes – Justin Zoscsak, Andy Freeman, Travis Caldwell and Brandon Harris – will also be profiled in online mini-documentaries. The mini-documentaries will tell inspirational stories behind these individuals who are celebrated for being truly passionate about what they do for a living, as well as going above and beyond to make a difference in their communities. All campaign elements include the new brand tagline “Here’s to Earning It.”
Busch is also looking for the next class of heroes to represent the beer in the 2015 Busch Heroes campaign. Busch drinkers can nominate a hero in their life who deserves to be recognized through www.Facebook.com/Busch beginning January 2, 2014.