Green is the color of spring, and the color of the Green Anjou. To herald the change of season and to promote Green Anjous, the growers of USA Pears are hosting a Pinterest contest from now through May 11th.
Pinterest has the influence to ultimately increase sales and brand/product awareness, as well as share recipes. Our Pear-fect Season for Green Pinterest contest will inspire and invite pinners to think of pears in their favorite seasonal dishes and to use pears to punctuate their home décor.
The goals of the contest, according to officials for USA Pears, are: Promote the availability of USA Pears, particularly Green Anjou pears, during the spring months; increase awareness of USA Pears’ Pinterest page and recruit new followers; and inspire creative use of Green Anjou pears to motivate purchase.
Here’s how you enter:
- Follow USA Pears on Pinterest
- Create a Pinterest board, and name it “Pear-fect Season for Green”
- Fill it with at least 10 spring inspired and green-themed pins – a minimum of three must be repins from USA Pears’ Pinterest boards
- Tag all the pins on your board with #springforpears and #usapears
- When you’re done, share our Pear-fect Season for Green content pin! For more details, visit www.usapears.org/
One lucky winner will receive $250 in green (a Visa Gift Card) and a gift box of Green Anjou pears delivered to their door; and 10 runners-up will each win a gift box of Green Anjou pears delivered to their door.
The eight-week contest will be announced and leveraged in all channels: Through a spring themed press release to consumer media and influential bloggers; through our social networks; and through regular social promotion. The winner(s) will be selected by Pear Bureau Northwest, to be announced in mid-May via our website and all social channels, and use their winning board on Pinterest and the website.