United Fresh Women in Produce Reception to Honor Teri Miller
Teri Miller, produce category manager at Delhaize America, headquartered in Salisbury, North Carolina, will be the honoree and featured speaker at the United Fresh Produce Association’s annual Reception Honoring Women in Produce, Thursday, June 12, at United Fresh 2014 in Chicago.
Held each year in conjunction with the United Fresh convention and expo, the Reception Honoring Women in Produce recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry, and selects one individual to share their personal experience of service. The featured speaker is selected from nominations submitted by United Fresh members across the industry and reviewed by a committee of her peers, including honorees from the past 17 years.
“Teri is the personification of leadership and dedication in the produce industry,” said United Fresh President and CEO Tom Stenzel. “Teri’s hard work and principled leadership motivates her team to the highest levels of performance, both for the company and for each individual. She has repeatedly contributed her time to important initiatives, such as countering bioterrorism and improving traceability. Her commitment to food retailing and her distinguished leadership in produce serve as a model for anyone pursuing a career in this great industry.”
Miller is a 25-year veteran at Delhaize America. She has been instrumental in the creation of Food Lion’s Supply Chain department including working on programs regarding food traceability at Food Lion (a Delhaize America banner), bioterrorism, country of origin labeling and she is part of the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) Executive Leadership Group. Additionally, Miller is a board member and treasurer of the Southeast Produce Council, and a past board member and treasurer of the Lion’s Pride Foundation, which provides financial assistance to company associates, their families and the community in times of hardship.
“So many times I have attended the Reception Honoring Women in Produce and admired the women who have accomplished so much for this industry, so I am humbled and thankful for this recognition,” said Miller. “Not only is this reception a great tradition, but it’s also a fun and memorable event that I always enjoy sharing with my friends and colleagues. This honor makes this year’s reception an experience that I will always cherish.”
Teri will join a distinguished group of past honorees, including:
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo , Taylor Farms, Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Steffanie Smith, Colorful Harvest, LLC
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company