Attendees to the United Fresh Produce Association’s annual convention and expo in Chicago cast their votes throughout the show for fresh produce innovation and recognized this year’s New Product Awards in five categories. More than 40 fresh fruit and vegetable innovations competed in the categories of Best New Food Safety Solution, Best New Fruit Product, Best New Packaging, Best New Packing/Processing Equipment and Best New Vegetable Product.
The 2014 New Product Award winners announced today are:
- Best New Food Safety Solution: FoodLink Fresh – FoodLink
- Best New Fruit Product: Crunch Pak with Marvel Apple Snacker, Crunch Pak
- Best New Packaging Product: Josie’s Organics Romaine Hearts, Braga Fresh Family Farms
- Best New Packing/Processing Equipment: STRAWBERRY CAPPER Mod. Frazer, Turatti S.R.L.
- Best New Vegetable Product: Y.E.L.O., Mastronardi Produce/Sunset
“These winning products have been selected by United attendees as outstanding representations of the new approaches, ideas and processes that are driving the fresh fruit and vegetable industry forward, and we applaud them for their product development,” says John Toner, United’s vice president of convention & industry relations. “From its very beginnings, the United show has been the undisputed home of innovation for the produce industry, and these awards continue to showcase the best and brightest minds in the produce business.”
The finalists in each category were on display in the United Fresh Membership Booth on the trade show floor. More information on all of the New Product Award Finalists is available here.